Saturday, February 6, 2010

Santa!

Late post, but I wanted to tell you about our more successful gig that happened after the holiday ball for work. We were hired to go to the Aliante Library to take pictures of kids visiting with Santa.


Our agreed contract was for $250 which included onsite printing of photos equaling up to 100. Bringing our own lighting and back drop to use for the photos. We showed up and found out that the room we arrived early to set up in was full of kids and parents during a bell performance. We ended up getting things out and ready in the hallway so we could scoot things in quickly to test and be ready.

We successfully got things ready in the hallway and moved it all in and were ready to go after a few adjustments. I found some difficulty working though since the kids were so excited that they were right up against my back trying to see Santa. I kept asking them to scooch just a little bit more backwards. On top of that, the line to sit on his lap moved in between my lighting so every couple pictures, I dealt with parents or kids standing in my way and having to retake pictures.

We finally got the line moved out in the hallway so I had more room taking pictures and no interference of lights. I also took all of the pictures while kneeling on one leg. At one point, I remember my legs shaking uncontrollably due to the pressure.

I had a great time though and got a tip of candy canes to bring home so I can make some chocolate chip candy cane cookies. Mmmm!

No comments: