Thursday, May 28, 2009

1 Kid, 2 Kids, 3 Kids, What?


So I've never been able to juggle in real life and now, I'm trying to juggle between kids and I admit, I still need to work on it because the other day was kind of crazy.  Hayden had ignored his body signal to pee and had an accident.  It started by hearing this blood curdling scream for "MOMMY!"  Worried that he was seriously hurt, I ran out and tried to figure out where he was in the house thinking something had fallen on top of him.  Then I found him in the bathroom and he was telling me he had an accident and peed in his undies and pants and needed new ones.  I asked him why he didn't go to the bathroom sooner and he said he didn't know.  I went to get him new clothes and when I came back, I realized just what the damage was at a better angle.  He hadn't peed AT ALL in the toilet.  It all ended up all over the floor around the toilet.  HUGE puddle of pee!  

I got more upset upon that discovery and told him to stay there as I grabbed the cleaners.  Meanwhile, Hadley kept trying to come into the bathroom and show me all of the hair accessories she found and was pulling out to play with like a "princess."  Also, Addison was in the background screaming because she was hungry and wanting to eat, but I couldn't just leave the pee where it was and deal with everyone else and risk the mess becoming un-contained.

That meant that my course of action went as follows.  I told Hadley to sit and stay on the couch playing with the hair ties and Jared thankfully kept Addison distracted and quasi-happy.  Then, I made Hayden clean up his accident with my guidance.  He scrubbed up with paper towels then clorox wiped the area and then I had him mop.  I'm hoping that this experience has helped him realize how important it is to take a break from whatever he is doing and just GO POTTY!

Needless to say, hopefully things will get a little easier as they all get older and wiser, but for now, life is still just as unexpected as before these days and I never know what will happen each morning I wake up, but maybe I will be able to get pretty good at juggling real soon :0)

No comments: