Thursday, May 14, 2009

Splish Splash

I think I've come to a couple conclusions lately.  


Number 1 - It is wicked hard to get the kids to and from my car.  

Number 2 - My kids go insane unless they get outside for a little each day.  

Number 3 - I need to improve on my food intake since I felt terrible yesterday.  I need to keep up with my calories to start feeling better.  

Number 4 - Now that it's summer, I should pretty much bring the kids in bathing suits to the park because Hadley was soaked on our last visit.


On that note, our last outing was a lot of fun despite the wet clothes.  We had a play group with a bunch of moms at a park and it was really cool.  Even though it had an enormous playground set, it was all enclosed so I knew Hadley couldn't run off and all the gates had locks that you had to access if you were tall and from the outside of the gate so that was reassuring.  The kids also enjoyed the ducks and geese and turtles at the pond surrounding the play ground.  We also ate a picnic lunch before leaving which helped out to transition into quiet time by the time we got home.  Here are some fun pictures I took of the kids.

All in all, I know I was crazy for attempting the whole park thing with my kids just 2 weeks after giving birth, but I believe it made for a great sanity check for the lot of us.

No comments: