Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A Butcher, A Baker, A Momma...Wait!

That's not how it goes, but that embodied my day today :0)


Who buys 14 pounds of hamburger?!  Wait, I did.  Who then takes those 14 pounds of hamburger and then browns, tags and bags it all into portions for the freezer?  Wait, I do.  Two days before that, I also had about 12 pounds of London Broil Beef Top Steak since it was on sale too and bagged and tagged those for the freezer.  I also bagged and tagged to freeze 5 pounds of Mozzarella and 5 pounds of pepperoni.  Yeesh.  I think I've got things down to a system now.  My freezer is once again adequately stocked with meat for future dinners and I am feeling good.  So that covers me as a butcher.  Check.

Baker.  Today is bread making day.  Typically, I make 4 loaves worth of dough for bread and then make 3 loaves and a dinner of either calzones, pizza or chicken pillows.  We bought pizza last night as a fundraiser so instead, I'll half the recipe and end up with just 2 loaves instead.  Now I'm a baker.  Check.

And of course, last but not least, I'm a momma of 3 kids that each demand a part of me during every instance of the day.  It's some juggling act somedays and although I admit I was sooo done yesterday, it's a new day and I am going to try to make it better.  I've played with the kids, cuddled Addison, helped Hayden read his book from school a couple times and look forward to cleaning up a little more today in hopes of rescuing my sinking ship of messes placed around my downstairs.  I'm a Momma of 3!  Check.

No comments: