Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Addy Waddy turns 1

I figured it was both funny and appropriate to make this blog entry on today since this was Addison's due date. She refused to wait another couple days to make it to May which was sad because I wanted her to have her own birthday month. That's okay though.

Her birthday wasn't anything fabulous. By the time we started celebrating with cake, it was passed her bed time so she was in no mood for eating cake and celebrating. She played around with it after a little encouragement.
Not much made her mouth. We skipped presents and decided to save that for another day.
I'm still amazed that I had no clue I was having a baby that day. It really did tick me off that I couldn't feel any contractions. I am so grateful for my daughter. She is precious in all respects. She is my peace after a storm. Her smile is electric and laughing is contagious. She is thoughtful and coy. There is a ton of personality packed into her tiny body.

She is all kinds of mobile now with her first steps slowly becoming more confident in distance. Her climbing of stairs is mastered. Going down is another question. She loves her puffs, but her own personal crack would have to be eating her yogurt melts. Expensive addiction, let me tell you. I've been trying to curb it with regular yogurt, but once she starts eating those, it is all over and she'll just keep demanding more. She also sleeps like a dream and so do I (like a log more often than none).
Adda, you are 11 lbs. heavier and 10 inches longer, but you are still my baby girl whom I am grateful to have in my life. You are beautiful and I look forward to watching you become your own person even more in the years to come. I love you!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Happy Birthday Addison! Wish I could have been there. She just grows more and more beautiful. And I love reading about your love for your kids, Sarah. What a good mom you are, and such a good example for me.