Wednesday, August 6, 2008

5 Year Anniversary


Goofing Around As Usual
Where we met and he proposed.
One of our 5 or 6 versions of announcements minus the info.
Five Years Ago
Wow!  Five Years goes by fast when you're chasing kids :0)  It has been quite the ride with lots of changes, but I still love him just the same.  I still look forward to holding his hand through many more things just like he asked in the very beginning.  We held hands through our date to the movies that night, holding hands in church but not while I sang in the choir the next day.  Holding hands while going through the temple for the first time.  
Holding hands the day we were married in the Boston Temple.  Holding hands while having my first child at 20.  Holding hands through lots of other things.  And there is much more time in between now and holding my hand when I'm old and gray and can barely lift my own hand. 

 Thank you for being such an amazing, caring husband who always looks out for my benefit and well-being and works hard to help keep me at home raising our kids and supporting my hobbies.  I couldn't have asked for more from you.  I still remember how amazingly excited I was and surprised when you brought me to that stadium and asked me all those questions about holding my hand and then kneeling down and asking me for my hand in marriage then.  I was so excited.  Personally, I thought you were crazy because who would want to marry a girl looking like this earlier in the day, but I guess he knew there was something amazing behind all that clash (It was my laundry day).
I wore a fake ring before we got engaged and that is what is on my finger there.  Kinda corny, eh?  Before that was a CTR ring.
We didn't do anything too fancy this year, but a date is always appreciated.  Lunch and a Movie is the kind of date I will always look forward too.  It's more than curbside to go too :0P 

Here's to 5 years with one moldy apartment complete with eviction notice, one condo that was an amazing investment for us, 3 job changes, 4 cars, 2 kids, 1 dog, 1 photography company, 1 new home that we love having and a lifetime of memories.  Thanks for all you do and I love you!

1 comment:

Adventures in Healing said...

Awww Happy Anniversary you guys!