Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Christmas Enrichment

For those of you who don't know, our church does a thing called Enrichment (now called Relief Society classes or nights) once every 3 months or so. It's where members of the relief society, or women in our ward, get together and learn or do something. It being Christmas, we ended up rotating houses for our activities. The first house was appetizers and mingling. The second house, we learned how to make soda candy and peppermint bark which was awesome and then the third house, we had a service project, crafts and desserts. I made a lemon meringue pie but ended up bringing the whole thing home for one of two reasons that I can gather. The first being that there was no knife to cut pieces so there for, no one took any, or it just looked that hideous and gross, that no one dared to try it. Oh well. More for me.


I ended up signing up for two crafts and decided to just bring them home to finish since it was getting so late anyways. I made a tile quote that said, "Christ is the center of our home, a guest at every meal, and a silent listener to every conversation. " and a plate that said "Santa, I can explain!" on it. I look forward to having these fun new additions to my house and decor for holidays or not.

I also helped with the service project by coloring some pages for books about stories in our scriptures. That was fun to do as well.

No comments: