Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Pack Meeting Chaos

December's Pack Meeting turned out to be real chaos. I had been asked by the Relief Society president of our ward, to move the night we had it so that all women involved in cub scouts be it a calling or a child's mom, could participate in their Christmas Enrichment night festivities. I decided to be flexible and so I moved nights to the night before instead at the same time, but at a mom's home. Everything seemed fine until I started getting emails and calls saying that leaders wouldn't be able to make it. Then I started spa-zing but pulled it together because I knew I at least had two leaders and a cub master coming. A little before the meeting took place, I found out that the cub master couldn't get off work along with a den leader not being able to come. This left me with the task of planning and MC-ing the whole night. On top of that, I had all three kids with me because Jared was at a meeting.


I had planned to arrive early to set up and stuff, but we didn't make it all out the door fed and ready to go until about 5 minutes til. There goes my early set up. When we got there, my two older kids immediately started running around, exploring their new surroundings and yelling. I was busy trying to get things ready so I didn't stop them right away. I tend to get stressed out in these situations. The other two moms there tried to help me set up and get ready what I had brought with me as I kept finding things missing and activities needing to be crossed out due to lack of time and materials. Hadley kept trying to play with all of the musical instruments around the house and not very gently, I might interject. I at least tried to keep her from doing any damage to those amongst the hustle and bustle. Both my kids also attempted to let the family dogs back in the house as well.

We didn't start until like 20-30 minutes passed start and when we did, Addison was screaming and my kids wouldn't sit still. So...I tried to conduct things around their active movements. I welcomed the newest wolf in to the Pack and we made self-portraits of ourselves for people to guess out of watercolors. We played find the christmas decorations around the room that each had a point given to them to see without knowing, who collected the most points. We handed out achievements and we had a skit and we decorated/ate cookies. All in all, I think the boys had fun despite the chaos which was important and even though it was a nightmare for me and I didn't get things all done as planned, the important thing is that I survived to plan another day. PHEW!

No comments: