Wednesday, December 9, 2009

GORILLA!

The school had a fundraiser and the principal said that if the kids reached their goal for sales, he would dress up in a gorilla suit and stay on top of the school throughout the day.
Apparently, it was a good enough incentive because here is their reward the day of their Halloween parties. Each class took a turn throughout the day, visiting the gorilla outside. He read them stories and handed out bananas. I was there taking pictures for the yearbook. I originally thought, he was going to be throwing the bananas down to the kids from the roof. Instead, there was a box on the ground that the kids picked out of. Oh well. It was still pretty fun to witness.

The only downside to this whole experience was that when I got to my car to leave and bring Addison to her doctor's appointment, I was rolling out of the parking lot and heard a thumping sound. I pulled into a spot before leaving the parking lot entirely and saw that my right back tire was flat all the way down to the rim. Bummer!

I called Jared after I found where I had left my phone and he told me to pump it up and bring it home so I could take Addison to her appointment with his car and get a friend to bring Hayden home from school. All I can say is that I am grateful for having a pump in my car. I am also grateful for all that people did to help out, especially my husband. I love you! It turns out that the tire had a screw stuck in it and the front right also had a tear in it as well. New tire on the back and a patch in the front for me.

No comments: