Friday, June 4, 2010

Creative Genius

We finally decided when to have Hayden's birthday party. He also is addiment with the theme being Hot Wheels Racing Party so it was time for me to be creative. I didn't want to do something boring for invites and be a lame mom so after much thought and googling, I came across a cute little diddy to put on the invite along with some modification of my own in verbage. It went something like this:

Start your engines!

Race, Crash and Smash!

You’re invited to Hayden's

Hot Wheels 6th birthday Bash.

A car will be waiting for you to race

or bring your own

if you think it will win first place!

Lunch will be served

in the drivers pit.

We have reserved a place

for you to sit.

The crash overpass and the V-drop

are sure to be cream of the crop

and the other races are guaranteed to take you over the top.

Your car may never want to STOP!

Here is what you need to know

So your car can

GO GO GO.


Racing Date:

Time:

Starters Gate:

RSVP to the Pit Crew

(I took out the private info for posting)

I then had an epiphany to make the invites just like tickets to a big racing event like NASCAR or something, so I looked at how the tickets should look and then edited my design in Photoshop from there. I made them all VIP Admission with their names on it and a couple other cute fun details. I then stuck the two back to back, laminated it with my little machine and went to distribution mode before school got out and I wouldn't be able to track down everyone.
Hayden is just like me when I was little. I always wanted to invite EVERYONE to my party. One year, my mom actually let me and I swear there were 20 or so friends there.

He had a list of about 20 and I made him weedle it down to 15 and from there, hoped we would have some regrets for RSVP. It looks like we'll have around 10 kids or so still, but not too shabby. I will blog about his party in about a week. Hope you enjoy the images :)

1 comment:

Laura said...

cute! sounds like fun.