Friday, June 4, 2010

Mother's Day

Let's just start by saying that I figure between all of the holidays each year, as long as I can have one out of the however many there are, where my kids are sweet and amazing, then I am happy. With that being said, I believe my one holiday this year was on my birthday because they were amazing then, but Mother's Day was a crap shoot essentially.


For those who are in my ward at church, I really enjoyed Heather's talk for Mother's Day because it summed up a couple things for me around the whole essence of Mother's Day. And no, roses did not bloom beneath my feet either :0)

Sweet gestures were my gifts. Hayden made a cute little edible flower in a pot with a picture of him in the middle of another flower. He also had a card for me as well.

Hadley answered some questions from her teacher in church to go fill in blanks on a poem. I got a kick out of the answers and figured I would share them on here. All of her answers have been from observations and words from me. Here is what it read:

My Mom
By: Hadley

My mom has "blue hair and eyes with brown."
Her favorite drink is "water."
Her favorite food is "hamburger and lunch and fish."
Her job is "the boss."
For fun, she likes to "play with toys."
She likes to shop "at the store."
I love to "hug her like Jesus."
My mom likes "to take me to the park."

Also, my husband never really buys me flowers that much and I kind of am okay with it because I realize flowers are expensive and they end up dying on you anyways. Two Mother's Days ago, he bought me strawberry, raspberry and blackberry bushes to plant in our garden and some rose bushes. I appreciate those since they were my favorite berries of which I could enjoy continuously year after year and the roses I enjoy watching bloom in front of our house.

With that being said, my husband managed during his busy schedule to figure out a cute way of celebrating this year. He told me he wanted to try out something new so from his office, he went online to goflowers.com or some such website and ordered 2 DOZEN roses! Crazy! So Saturday before Mother's Day, he ushered me to answer a knock at the door which had a box of roses complete with vase and a small box of chocolates. It was from him and my kids and it was really sweet.

So there you have it. That was my sweet part of Mother's Day this year. I'm not going to go into detail about my kids misbehaving and making it a rough Mother's Day as Heather described in her talk at church. I'll just leave you with the happiness and hope that I can have another good day on another holiday in the near future.

P.S. Our anniversary should be a lot better this year since I won't be nursing an infant ;0) Here's hoping.

No comments: