Friday, June 4, 2010

Last Day of School

My big man had his last day of school this week. It was a half day as well. I felt bad because I ended up being late for pick up since I was traveling from across town after picking up awards for the Pack Meeting coming up. I ended up making it there two minutes before she was suppose to start her afternoon class.

Since we didn't get to have a proper good-bye, we decided to go play at the park for a little with our friends and then catch her at the end of the rest of school. I put together a little gift last minute besides contributing to the group class gift. I took post it notes and wrote notes on the three different things.

1. lotion - to help heal the hands from all the anti-bacterial soap used this year.
2. Aspen Mulling Spice - a heaping spoonful with hot apple juice in a mug is my favorite after a hard day.
3. Chocolate truffles - to help you relax after a long hard day.
In the group gift, I helped out in writing the verbage to the card. I thought it would be fun to incorporate some memorable sayings form the year into the text. I sat down and brainstormed one morning and this is what the creative juices made.

Thank you Ms. Lee for helping us
To learn what we need to know
We'll all remember you and your sayings
No matter where we go.


With simple phrases like, “I am smart!

I know this! I can do this! It’s a piece of cake!

It’s a snap!” takes a lot of heart

You taught me that it’s easy peasie lemon squeezie

and to always do my part.


When “friends” would get restless,

you’d say, “I’m gonna get my horns out!”

and we’d know right away

to fix the noise and not to shout

so we can have a better day.


Thank you, Ms. Lee, for being
So nice and kind and good;
We like you so much, Ms. Lee,
We'd stay here if we could!

The group
They're First Graders!!!

No comments: