Sunday, July 25, 2010

Why Is Your Arm Cut Off?

We had a play date at a friend's house the other day and my son finally noticed that my friend had her arm missing from her elbow down, on one side. He bluntly asked, "Why is your arm cut off?"


Freaking out, I had no clue what to say or how to respond to it. My friend noticing I was stumped in how to respond, she quickly told him, "That's how God made me."

I found out that she was born that way and she mentioned that kids around my sons age are the hardest about it because they want an acceptable answer. She told me that one day, she finally made up a story about how she got in a fight with a truck or something and the truck won. The one nephew responded with something along the lines of, "Whoa!!" and never bothered her about it again.

Kids can be really silly.

No comments: