Monday, July 14, 2008

4th of July


We finally got to go to Richfield for a small town 4th of July and it was a lot of fun.  They had a parade and a ping-pong ball toss where if you got one that had a star on it, you got a prize, but if you got a colored dot, you got a free sno-cone, cotton candy or drink.  We had about a dozen colored stickers so we were sitting pretty in that department.  The fair after the parade was fun.  I checked out a scrapbook tent of course and picked up a couple fun things to support the town's economy.  I had wanted to stay for the trout pull, but the kids were tired and needed naps so we went home instead.  The trout pull is where they dump a ton of trout in these plastic covered pools and the little kids get to go in and try to catch one to take home.  It would have been great so I think down the road, that's a must-do.  We watched the town fireworks from the front lawn of grandma's house and then had a neighborhood session of our own.  I couldn't believe how organized and amazing they were on the block.  I could've sworn these people were retired pyrotechnic artists because they just kept pulling out these boards with fireworks set up to just light and go and they were GOOD.  We kind of had our fun and threw some little ground flowers out in the street and cheered real loud like we had the same calibur of fireworks to show them which was funny.  Made me laugh.  I still like our fountains too though.  Those are always fun to watch.  Here are a few pictures.  The rest are on the website I believe, but I'll double check and if not, I'll work on getting them up there.
One float threw popsicles out instead of candy
This is about an eighth of the candy she collected with help

Cousins
Both kiddos got to stay up wicked late passed their bedtime to watch all the fireworks.

5 comments:

Amanda J said...

It looks like you guys had fun!

Brian & Krystal said...

My kids love seeing pictures of your kids!

Heather and Ray said...

hello, I came across your blog while I was on cynthias. Were you referring to Richfield Utah? My mother and father in law are from Richfield.

Heather and Ray said...

Hi Sarah! I came across your blog while I was looking at Cynthias. Richfield Utah? My husbands parents are from there. What is your email? I have a private blog and will send you an invite but I need your email.

Adventures in Healing said...

Okay...I am not kidding that you are about the fifth person I know who went to Richfield for the 4th. What's with it?! We have great friends who just moved back there last Aug., but they are from there. We should've gone too! It looks like fun.