Friday, April 24, 2009

Hanging In There

I was supposed to have an appointment with my OB on Tuesday but she had a delivery come up.  We rescheduled my appointment for Wednesday and then, Jared and I went and took a tour of the hospital to get familiar with it before it's time to go in ourselves.  The lady was super nice and funny and she told me that I needed to add two things to my packing list for the hospital.  The first is my own pillow.  She told us the ones there are bad.  Your head sinks right down to the bed.   The second is a boppy pillow for nursing.  It makes it easier.


I had always wanted a boppy pillow since I had a somewhat hard time nursing with Hadley and a friend of mine told me an inexpensive way to get one.  They sell the pillow forms at Joanns under a psuedo name of Nurture Nest.  The pillow form is $19.99, but if you use a coupon on it, it's only $12 ($9.99 if you use a 50% coupon instead of 40%).  It comes with a pattern on the back to sew a washable cover for it.  I figured since I have a bunch of extra fabric at home, I can easily make a whole boppy for under $15 if you don't have the zipper.  Here is a picture of my result.  It's a little misshapen, but I am pleased with how it looks.

As for the rest of my update, I went in with Jared on Wednesday and weighed in at just over 162 lbs.  I am 42 1/2 inches at my biggest point around and I am at a firm 3.  I'm still trying to lay low to make it through Saturday night without having the baby and then anything can happen, whenever.

No comments: