Monday, April 13, 2009

One Year Older and Wiser Too!


Okay, so I don't feel wiser, but that's okay because that definitely happens over a lifetime.  I decided since Easter was the day before my birthday this year, I would celebrate with some family early on Saturday.  I picked up this pick old sheet cake from Sams Club because I was craving 2 different kinds of cakes for my birthday this year.  I really wanted a cake like the one I had way back at my bridal shower which was chocolate cake with raspberry filling and whipped cream topping.  It would've taken more time and money to pick up that kind of cake because it had to be custom made so I settled with no filling.  
Jared's parents and brother came over for dinner, cake and games.  I made pizza to eat with salad and green Jello and it tasted awesome.  We talked a little bit and then dove into cake and ice cream.  Then it was bedtime for the kiddos so I put them down and we started a game of Settlers of Catan which is way fun to play.  That was the game that was interrupted by the "I dripped!" from the previous post :0)
It's been a fun 26 years so far.  I have done a lot in my life and I enjoy being a mom despite the bumps and meltdowns.  I look forward to meeting our newest edition in a couple weeks as well.  I am grateful for how blessed I am with my husband and all he does for us as well as my kids and their random humor and personality that makes me forget other things.  Family gives you a new sense of purpose in life and I wouldn't trade it for anything.  Needless to say, I had a really fun and enjoyable time celebrating my birthday and I think we'll have Carvel cake for Monday night because I've been wanting that for a while now too.

No comments: