Monday, April 13, 2009

Sick Season Continues

Our kids have finally recovered from being sick once again.  THey spent a part of the weekend of General conference into next weekend having some kind of bug.  Hadley had it first and threw up a couple times, but it was always randomly during or after napping and she only did it like once a day which was weird.  Hayden however, had it much worse and was throwing up more often.  After having him puke 3 times between 1 and 5 in the morning all over bedding and carpet, I finally instituted the bucket to try and prevent more cleaning because I was getting fatigued from it.  He spent a couple days on the couch with towels, bucket, crackers and drink and nothing seemed to want to stay in his body.  After 2 days, he finally showed some improvement and could sleep through the whole night without waking me up.  Whenever he needed to throw up, he would yell, "I dripped afterwards!"  


One night, he came down to tell me he dripped and then started coughing at the foot of the stairs.  Concerned about cleaning puke off of carpet I told him to run to the toilet nearby real quick.  He did and things made it mostly in the toilet, but he still seemed more concerned that he got stuff on him since he was standing up over the toilet, not leaning into it.  My son is the one who doesn't like to be messy worth a bean and needs to be consoled before he'll listen to anything else you have to say.

Anyways, He's better now, even though he seems to still be milking the demeanor of being sick which I need to change quick in my opinion.  But on Saturday night, we were downstiars playing games and I heard him scream "I dripped!" and I feared the worst.  He was running around all confused and concerned.  As soon as I got upstairs, I found trickles of diarrhea from his room to the bathroom and I mean all over the bathroom.  He refused to sit on the toilet to finish due to his legs being covered with poop.  I knew, due to his nature, he would not listen to a word I say until he is clean again.  I kept trying to get him to stop crying and listen and finally a couple minutes later he started listening.  I finally told him I will get around to cleaning him off, but needed to grab some things first and that I would be right back.

After cleaning the pathway to the toilet from poop, I moved the dirty clothes to start soaking and the rug that was smeared as well.  I finished cleaning his legs and body and then changed him for the rest of the night.  In some aspects, I am grateful that it was not throw up, but running poop isn't much fun either.  Sorry for being gross, but there was my reality once again dealing with sick kids.

No comments: