Saturday, April 4, 2009

Ultrasound Limits

We got to go see the baby yesterday for one last time before she comes and joins our family.  Yes...it is still officially a girl and now that we have that little fact re-verified, maybe we can finally come to a conclusion on names or maybe not.  Maybe still bring a short list of names and a book for back-ups.  Anyways, the whole process was a bit too much for our family to wait for it turns out and the results were kind of disappointing in a sense.


We arrived a little early before our appointment like we were supposed to and there were 2 people in the waiting room so I felt relieved and exciting that this will be a quick process.  BOY WAS I WRONG!!!!

After seeing multiple people go in and out before us and gauging my uncomfortableness with sitting and feeling nauseous on top of Hadley getting antsy after being there for 45 minutes, I finally waddled over to the desk and asked the lady how much longer it might be because I am uncomfortable and my kids are getting restless.  She replied with, "You're still waiting?!  Let me go see what she is up to."  She came back and reported that she was working on the last patients report and should be out soon.

Before we were finally pulled back there, we saw yet another women get called in and at that point Jared just laughed at the ridiculous nature of this whole process.  When we were headed back, she asked if I needed to go the bathroom in which case I told her I probably should because I wasn't expecting to wait that long.  Afterwards, Jared told me that she was approached by people asking what she was doing all that time and what she was doing now and she tried to justify things by saying she was waiting for her patient who had to go the bathroom and acted like she didn't know why I hadn't gone before.  IT'S BECAUSE I DIDN'T KNOW I WOULD BE WAITING AN HOUR FOR MY ULTRASOUND!!

Anywho, when we were in the room getting everything checked, Hadley was struggling all over and voicing her opinion.  Then, the tech asked her what was wrong and Jared replied, she's tired of waiting since we've been here for an hour and a half waiting.  Duh!  If a family is here waiting for an ultrasound, you shouldn't put them off and make the appointment stressful and miserable.  I felt like she just breezed through things to measure and didn't much care about getting any good or cute shots of our daughter which made me upset.  She could have at least done that for making us wait that long with an ornery kid.  These are the only ones we got to take home.  Sad, but they will have to do.

The good news is that the head is down where it is suppose to be and she measures about 6 lbs. even right now.

2 comments:

Kennedy said...

Ugh...I totally hate how they ALWAYS make you feel like it's your fault that you were waiting for an hour for an appointment. As if your presence in the waiting room just messed their whole day up. sheesh. I am glad that everything turned out good though! I wish you luck in the name game! We so got lucky with Rory's name and thank our lucky stars we don't do middle names for girls in our families or she probably never would have had a name.

Brian & Krystal said...

I love that profile picture! We're excited for you guys. Please let us know we can help - when is your actual due date? Call me if you need anything!