Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Hitting Rock Bottom

Well, I think it's safe to say that the past 36 hours or so have been interesting to say the least.  I think the ripple actually started Sunday night or another words Monday morning around 3 am. when both of my sweet kids woke me up.  Hadley was screaming and I wasn't sure what.  I found her with her diaper off, all distraught.  I apparently forgot to duct tape her in for the night.  So I grabbed what I needed and went back upstairs to re dress her.  She then handed me her onesie and wanted it back on.  From there, I wasn't sure what else she exactly wanted so I turned off the lights with her lying in bed tucked in and I tried to see if she would go to bed while I lied down on the floor.  After a little Hayden kept calling Mom outside the door.  I told him he had to wait until I was out of the room for his turn and the proceeded to rub Hadley's back while singing to her.  FInally, she was comfy enough for me to leave and sleep so I slipped out and tended to Hayden that just wanted to say goodnight.


Since I didn't get the sleep I needed, I woke up feeling gross.  I managed to get some things down me, but when early evening rolled around, I felt in trouble.  From there, it was a downward spiral filled with puking and even less sleep.  I spent the night rotating from bed to floor in bathroom to toilet where I puked every 15 then 30 minute intervals.  It was nasty.  I tried to drink a little in between each so that throwing up wouldn't be so bad each time, but quickly became fatigued.  I knew I needed sleep, but was too awake from puking so often that I just couldn't get to sleep.

I told Jared to go to work and the relief society president was already planning on coming over and watching the kids while I went to see my doctor after lunch.  The whole morning, I felt depleted and done.  I still wasn't doing so hot, but proceeded to my appointment with bucket in hand.

The doctor gave me a prescription for anti-nausea and I went home hopeful it would work, despite the offer to get an IV.  I decided to try the medicine and hope for the best.  I got home and took it and seemed to be feeling a little better.  I ate some cereal and banana which didn't taste as good as I had originally thought and then relaxed a little.  I took the medicine again around 7 and tried to eat, but sipped more fluids mostly.  The doctor said fluids are more important then eating currently.

Before bed, I ended up losing it once again.  Determined to not have a crummy night again, I prayed real hard and then ate a little and had something to drink and proceeded to bed.  THankfully, I slept through almost the whole night except for when Hayden knocked on my door for literally nothing around 4am.  This morning, I am hanging in there but might still consider getting an IV just to increase my odds of getting back on top.

I must say I am grateful to Sharon and my mother-in-law for their help yesterday with the kids.  It was greatly appreciated :0)

2 comments:

Adventures in Healing said...

Sarah- why didn't you call me?! You sounded bad on the message but you should've said just how bad. Did the dr give you Zofran? It's good but makes you tired. Take the IV. I know it sounds like a pain and it's another expense...but BELIVE ME it is worth it! I have had to get 4 liters pumped into me when I wasn't much farther along than you are. I was so dehydrated. But oh to sleep and stop having my stomach wretch. It's safest for both you and the baby. Do you have any Propel water? It helps a lot too. It was what the nurses recommended to me when I finally was allowed to go home. (by the way... I was actually so bad that after 4 liters my tests were still showing me as dehydrated but the dr's only choice was to admit me overnight or send me home drugged and on careful watch) Let's not do Joyschool tommorow. Pammie is really worried about you. Will has a performance anyway at 10:15 and I don't know how long it will be but I think it would overlap Joyschool getting done.

Unknown said...

Where was that slob of a husband of yours? Why wasn't he around to help with the kids at night time, or even after you started feeling bad, why wasn't he at home? was he too busy working? What element of his work could possibly have been important enough to ignore you and your children? Husbands like this disgust me. Men sure don't have the kind of priorities they used to. He probably was out sleeping with another girl that night, wasn't he.