Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Nearby Mountain

So my husband was being thoughtful last Friday and told me to get the kids ready to go somewhere that is a surprise.  He finally told me we were going to finally check out our own mountains since I had never been.  Anywho, I tried to dress everyone warm and put together snacks and then we were off.  We drove around the mountain for a little bit and had our cameras with us to take some pictures of what foliage might be around.  We were trying to get to a certain overlook Jared knew about but when we came to a turn where we needed to go left and the way home was right, we ended up having to stop abruptly due to a sound in the back seat.  It was Hayden and he was saying in a little voice, "I need to go potty!" along with some crying.  We stop the car and I try to figure out where he can go and we attempt, but he doesn't know how to do it since he's just used to a toilet.  After a couple minutes, he's too cold to care so I pop him back in the car and we turn right to go back to the house due to my son's weak bladder at the wrong time.  We pull over once more and pop him in a pull-up just in case he does go and he did not appreciate it.  On the way home, he asked if he could get his diaper off, but we told him no because he wouldn't go potty on the side of the road.  We asked him if he went in his pants and he said yes, so we kept driving.  When we got home, Hayden went to bathroom and his pull-up was dry as a bone.  He held it all the way home.  


So alas, no pictures of the mountainside to post since we didn't get to turn left instead.  Jared's thoughtfulness was wasted which was sad, but I am grateful to have finally seen it by driving around at least.  Hopefully, we can do it again soon and not have the potty troubles to deal with as well.  It makes it much easier that way.

1 comment:

JLMartin said...

sad. brandon LOVES to go to the bathroom outside. can't there be a happy medium?