Monday, October 20, 2008

My Goal

This whole thing started with a goal.  Now that I have pretty much made my goal, I am letting it fly because I am proud of myself.  Here's a little background for you all.  Anyone who has known me for a little bit while pregnant with Hayden and Hadley, knows that I am the worst in my first trimester ever.  It is no fun day at the park if you know what I'm saying.  Anyways, Jared and I had decided it was time to have another one and of course, I wanted to hunker down and brace for impact because both pregnancy's prior to this one, I haven't been able to wait to tell people closer to the end of my trimester.  With Hayden, it was day of missed period while trying to conduct the primary program and with Hadley, it was probably a little after that by a couple weeks with her.


With this one, I immediately starting increasing my intake of food to try to get ahead and stay on top of things.  It seemed to be working really well for me.  I even managed to go to Salt Lake City and spend a day and a half with my sisters without them knowing.  Then, inevitably, I caught the cold that was going around and it made me miserable for 2 weeks or so.  I wasn't eating enough, I couldn't get ahead and it started to fall apart slightly, but still only a little everyday unlike 8-13 times a day.  So, this was still manageable.  Well, it kept getting worse and I needed emotional support so I reached out to a couple friends for help.

Gratefully, even with the stubbornness of this baby's food wishes, I am only doing bad 1-3 times a day which I feel blessed for.  The only down side is I feel rotten the whole day unlike the other two where I at least could eat late at night to catch up a little bit.

Now that I have digressed a little, I just wanted to set the record straight now that family finally knows and say that I AM PREGNANT with our third child and the baby is due on Cinco de Mayo.  Kind of fun, eh?  A couple more weeks and maybe, I will start to enjoy myself again.  Until then, hope your day is good.  I'm going to go try to tackle mine.

4 comments:

Adventures in Healing said...

Well congratulations again. I hope you made it through the trip to the store today. That's a totally cute widget you've got there too. I've never seen that one.

JLMartin said...

Sarah! Congratulations! hopefully you feel back to normal soon.

Kennedy said...

CONGRATS! I hate the beginning part too...not that the end is much better, but the result is wonderful! Good luck and PLEASE let me know if I can do anything for you!

Crystal said...

Congratulations! Hopefully, you will start feeling better soon. That first part of pregnancy is just no fun. Let me know if I can do anything for you.