Thursday, October 8, 2009

Worst Meeting Scenario Ever!

I forgot to mention this and since I'm behind in blogging and need to catch up and back track, I figured I would throw this in here. As I mentioned before, Jared and I are on the yearbook committee for Hayden's school. THey had a meeting at the beginning of the month in the early evening that Jared couldn't make so I went with the 3 kids and I was prepped with food and IPod for entertainment and thought we'd be set. Boy was I wrong. When I got there, they told me it was going to be on the stage instead of the classroom. Immediately, my heart stopped with dread as I smiled and said, okay when in fact inside my mind I was like, "WHAT!! Are you kidding me?! We were supposed to meet in a classroom! You know. Isolated. Only One Exit Point! DO you see my three kids with me?"


I tried to be optimistic as the meeting started. I got the kids to sit down and be good but as other kids started to wander, my kids thought it would be cool to not listen and wander too. Do you know that there are quite a few exit points to a stage that my daughter Hadley can easily escape from?

Exactly. So needless to say, the meeting went long and my kids ran in and out of our meeting spot continuously. I don't think I caught much of the meeting. I got flustered and frustrated at the whole scenario and by the time I went out of the school building to go pick up pizza for dinner, I was choking back tears and sadly scolding my kids. I was so fed up that I texted Jared and told him I was DONE! If ever there was a time when I truly wanted to binge on chocolate when I shouldn't, THAT night was definitely it.

Thankfully, Jared convinced me to eat something else like cream puffs to curb my frustration. The next time they emailed me for the next meeting, I tagged the end of my email with "Please make sure it is in a classroom this time."

Okay. I'm done venting now. Boy was that a drain on me as a whole.

2 comments:

Amanda J said...

If you ever have to go to another one of those things alone, drop your kids off at my house!

Laura said...

man, that story gives a good sense of what it's like to try to handle three little kids in a public setting. I'm sorry it was so stressful! It made me laugh that cream puffs are better than chocolate...I'm still not sure if I understand the logic, but I'm glad you have a way to relieve the stress ;) I miss those cute (and apparently exhausting) kids!