Thursday, March 18, 2010

St. Patty's Day What?

Ever since I was a teen, I have worn red every St. Patty's Day to sort of represent my heritage. I am a fourth generation Scottish American and my mom taught me that the Scottish wear red every St. Patty's Day. She also taught me that French people wear orange and I can't remember who wears blue. Has anyone else ever heard of this kind of tradition as well?


I enjoy it thoroughly. This year though, I decided to join the crowd partially by wearing a green long sleeve shirt under my red polo. I also did the right thing and dressed all of my kids in some green.

The day turned out to be nice weather and I got so hot that I changed my clothes before dinner and so my hubby came home and started pinching me because I had no green on any more. Just a bland gray shirt. Oh well, it happens. I still had my traditional corned beef dinner which was good as well.

No comments: