Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Therapeutic Weeding

It's spring break this week so I have all three kids around the house. I hadn't realized just how crazy it could become having Hayden back in the mix for just those couple hours in the morning. I attempted to go to the library like I usually do once a week. It was so crazy and out of control.


The kids didn't listen to me, Hadley wouldn't hold on like she usually does because Hayden would not. They kept trying to run onto a computer and play with it. Then, Hadley wanted to go potty so I took them in to go potty. They both went, but then Hadley wanted to go again and decided to lock me out of the stall. Hayden then thought it would be fun to join in. I told them that we were done and it was time to go and took them to the car.

When we finally got home, I was still miffed at them so I decided to put Addison in her crib for her nap and then make sandwiches. I put them on the table and had them eat lunch. I then decided to cool off by going out to my garage and clean up.

Our trash can had a leak and spilled some liquid all over the garbage can and floor underneath it so I washed and scrubbed the can. I then tried to get it off the ground, but it wouldn't budge since it was so sticky so I sprayed some goo gone and then went and checked on the kids. They were doing good so I went back out and tried to clean it off again. It still wasn't moving so I resorted to a spackle spatula to scrape it off. That worked great. Then I mopped and dried the area.

After that, I was still feeling upset a little so I proceeded to weed the front yard. It felt very relaxing and helped me finish cooling down. I am grateful for yard work and having a place to go away from the kids that is still nearby and I can think and just feel good about accomplishing something.

On that note, I do want to blog about my garden because I am proud. I seeded some more plants the passed couple weeks and my carrots and green onions have done great. I love being able to go to my yard and pluck what I need.
Our berry crop
My carrots and green onions
My biggest carrot ever!

The only sad part is that after I seeded more today and showed the kids carrots and what not, Hadley decided that while I was washing the carrots off, she would grab a shovel and start digging up the area just planted. Needless to say, I was disappointed in her. Hopefully, it didn't hurt the seeds to displace them too much. We'll see when the sprouts come up.

No comments: