Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Too Sick To Care

This weekend, I started to feel kinda crumby. The wind has been wicked here and that has kicked up a whole lot of allergies. My eyes have been watery, my throat scratchy and now, my nose is a leaky faucet. I've been taking medicine, but there are times when it wears off and I just feel lousy.


On that note, I started my day off finding Addison in her bucket with a very soaked and poopy diaper. This was discovered about the time I usually leave to bring Hayden to school. While cleaning that mess up, I noticed Hadley decided to pee herself so after tending to the one mess and switching car seats to be set to transport to school, I had to clean and change her.

I used the Kiss and Go Lane today since Hadley was screaming in the car since she didn't want to get in the car to leave and we were about a minute to the bell anyways.

We went to the store to replenish our ever dwindling tissue supply right now and a couple of other things. Hadley had to pee in Wal-Mart so I took her to their family bathroom. I then spent the next 15 minutes trying to convince her to pee in the toilet which ensued more yelling and screaming at mommy.

Finally, after putting her horse in the bag where she couldn't get it, she went and I couldn't be happier. We finished up and I went to check out and the lines were few and long. I decided to pick one and while wrestling with Hadley to stay in the cart, I looked up and noticed three more lines had opened around me and people rushed to fill them.

So, there I was stuck and committed. I continued wrestling Hadley as I waited around 15-20 minutes to pay for things. Finally, I had my turn and when the price matching came for the corned beef I had picked out, she told me there was only a 1 limit.

I said, I have a flier for two here.

She then went, okay and then proceeded. Then she looked at it and noticed it said Safeway Brand and said she couldn't price match it because it wasn't the same brand (To my understanding, you can price match as long as it is an equivalent brand).

Kinda mad, I re-buttled with okay, here's the Albertsons flier that doesn't have a brand listed. She said fine and then said that covers one.

I then grabbed my Smiths add to match for 1.49 a lb. instead which was still decent and she up and refused that one since it had Kroger listed as the brand. Miffed at her by this point, I said, fine. I am too sick to care at this point. She went to put the other two off to the side and I stopped her and said I am taking them anyways (Maybe it would have been different if I had gone to a different cashier).

Then, I went to pick up Hayden early and they were out playing on the play ground. They were called in line and walking in and I noticed that Hayden was dancing. I became nervous as he moved inside. A moment later, I had the room mom call out, "Is Hayden's mommy here?"

I replied with yes and she motioned me to come here. She spoke softly that Hayden peed himself and I told her that I would get the change of clothes from the car. To make it short, I ran back to the car, got the clothes and met him in the bathroom to get him cleaned up.

Now you know, I'm just too sick to care. What a mess! Is it quiet time yet?

1 comment:

Amanda J said...

That was just today? I would probably climb back into bed and start over tomorrow!