Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A Canning We Will Go

I've been trying really hard to stock up more food storage.  It's always been an important part of my life.  I've seen food storage do wonders in times of need and I've always been glad to have it and know how to use it too.  We already have a good supply of things we eat all the time, but I also wanted to bulk up on our wheat supply in particular because I make a lot of bread and other carbs so I need a lot to keep in stock.  It's also nice because the bulk 25 lb. bags are only $5.90 a bag of either hard white or hard red wheat which is down from usual.  I bought 4 more bags and already have another 4 at home.  We went to the cannery as a ward and I bought some more apple slices, oats and canned wheat as well.  I also brought home some mylar pouches and oxygen absorbers so I can bag and tag the wheat I've been buying.  I plan on reserving the machine to seal them in the near future so if anyone wants to have a storage party with sealing mylar pouches of their own, let me know and we can do the process together to make it more entertaining.  It's a great feeling when you are prepared for the storms in life.

No comments: