Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My Crown

Everyone remember when I had to get a root canal back in the beginning of February, well, after giving birth and finally getting prepped for my crown, I finally got my permanent crown placed in my mouth.  What a process!  


Back in mid-June, I had dropped the kids off to be baby-sat and went down to the dentist for my pre-crown appointment to make a temporary.  When I got there, they asked my name and then proceeded to tell me that my name wasn't on the schedule.  After looking, they told me I was scheduled for the next week.  I had gotten confused because they called to reschedule me and when I talked to her, I was under the impression that she meant the same week for the new day when she really meant the next week.  As I left, my dentist caught me on the way out while on break and told me to go back in and he'll check his schedule.  He then told me he could fit me in as long as I didn't mind a trainee helping him.  I told him no and we proceeded.  It took them an hour and a half and I walked out with a plastic tooth until the permanent one was made.  

When I went back in the beginning of July, no anesthesia was used and it only took them a half hour to take the plastic tooth out and put in the permanent one.  Super easy and it only hurt once while clearing out the old to put in the new tooth.  I'm still cautious about chewing with it since my parents have had a lot of bad luck with crowns breaking on them, but hopefully, my luck will be for the better.

No comments: