Thursday, July 23, 2009

Hot Date Weekend...Sort Of

I admit that Jared and I don't get out much.  The other weekend, we were able to go on not one but two dates.  I also admit, it wasn't the greatest week to go out due to a shortage of available babysitters, but we managed to make things happen.  Jared really wanted to go and see Harry Potter the Friday it came out and so we planned on going in the early morning.  I found a friend to watch the two kids to swap baby-sitting with her and we brought Addison with us since she doesn't take to bottles well.  It was really good to watch.  I really enjoyed it.  I am one of those people who have never been good at reading books.  I am a very slow reader and I guess that discourages me.  If I try to read anything too fast, I don't comprehend it as well and I am the type of person who likes to remember and understand what I read.  One day, I might get around to reading the series, but for now, I enjoy the movies.  The one book I did read was Prisoner of Azkaban and I remember being so disappointed after seeing the movie and didn't want to go through that again.


Then, on Saturday night, we had purchased tickets for cheap to go see the play West Side Story at an outdoor theater.  I was frantic in finding a babysitter because everyone I called was either busy, out of town or didn't want to.  Finally, I found one girl we hadn't tried before.  I was nervous because Hadley sometimes doesn't do well with those she doesn't know, but this proved to work out great.  We again took Addison with us and she slept during most of it.  The play was alright, there were a few pitchy moments here and there which made it hard, but it was still enjoyable.  It was kind of cool too because it was a stormy night all around and while watching the play, we could see thunderstorms all around us.  We were in this pocket of perfect weather for the duration of the play.  On the way home driving, we saw the coolest streaks of lightning across the black sky.  Jared and I had wished we had our cameras to capture them all, but crazy awesome.  They all seemed to go horizontal across the night sky.  It was like the strikes were dancing.  Sooooo beautiful!  Nature is awesome.  

The kids ended up really liking her as a babysitter.  In the morning, Hayden knocked on our door and asked, "Are you my mommy?" and "Where did the girl go?"  I thought it was funny and I was glad that our hot dates worked out pretty good.

No comments: